Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tuesday Top Ten is Back! My Top Ten New Books for the School Year

I've been in denial, but I think it's time to start accepting that I need to think about school.  My friends and colleges are already back working in their classrooms and even having those dreaded back to school dreams.  This is my attempt to ease into a back to school state of mind.  I'm bringing back my top ten with the ten new books I just ordered for the school year.


I am a member of Amazon Prime, which means that when I order a book I usually get it in 2 days and the shipping is always free.  This makes me so happy, but maybe not Mr. M.  It means that I usually end up spending way more on books than I need to. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning when the UPS driver pulls up in his brown van and delivers a package to my door with the Amazon logo.

Here are my new books for this school year:

Rocket Writes a Story by Tad Hills

Otto the Book Bear by Kate Cleminson

There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Books by Lucille Colandro

First Grade Jitters by Robert Quackenbush

Oh, No George! by Chris Haughton

The Fantastic Flying Books of Morris Lessmore by William Joyce

I Don't Like to Read by Nancy Carlson

Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots? by Carmela LaVigna Coyle

Pete the Cat Saves Christmas by Eric Levin (pre-ordered this baby!)

Smarter Charts K-2: Optimizing an Instructional Staple to Create Independent Readers and Writers
by Marjorie Martinelli


What are some new books you have ordered for this school year? I may need to add them to my Amazon wish list ; )

2 comments:

Jan said...

We LOOOOOVE Pete the Cat! So far we've only read the buttons one but my daughter wants it over and over and over! Thanks for the other recommendations!

Amy @ Juice Boxes + Crayolas said...

I just ordered The Dunderheads and The Keeping Quilt. My brother is a Prime member and just gave me a free trial--needless to say I've been amazon-ing like a FIEND! :)

Post a Comment