While I was out running errands (that Mr. M was unable to get to because of "Das Boot") I heard the magical chime of my e-mail notification on my phone. Usually this makes me sigh because I never get any good e-mails, just junk and ads and reminders for bills I still need to pay. This particular notification was that someone left a comment on my blog (which always makes me smile!) Laurie from Chickadee Jubilee awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. What!? An award?! For my ramblings about teaching?! How cool! Then on Saturday as I was cleaning up the house with my two girls while Mr. M was in class, I heard a few more chimes and also got the award from Mrs. Smyth from New Adventures in First Grade and Deb from Oh My Little Classity Class. THANK YOU ladies for taking the time to recognize my blog. I appreciate it!
Now to "Pay it forward" You are supposed to name 15 newly discovered blogs, however most of the blogs I follow have already earned this award so I would like to recognize a few blogs that may be new to you! Congratulations to:
Ms. Rachel's Room - a "special ed classroom" she always has fantastic ideas and resources on her blog
Juice Boxes and Crayolas - she is also a teacher and a runner and her posts are so fun to read
Not Just Child's Play - Miss Trayers' blog is full of fabulous ideas, I always find inspiration from her blog
Gluesticks, Games and Giggles - Jessie has great pictures and offers lots of free goodies!
I hope you will take some time to check out these wonderful blogs!
I'm also supposed to share 7 things about me:
1. I LOVE sci-fi - you probably already know this if you have been following my blog, but when I say I love sci -fi I mean it. I love to find really bad sci-fi movies on the Sy-Fy channel and I will watch almost any TV show that has to do with sci-fi. It all started with the X-Files. Whatever happened to Sculley and Moulder?
2. I LOVE to cook - I'm not great at it, but I do enjoy it. I secretly want to be one of those cooking shows like Chopped. Although I wouldn't make it very far.
3. I was in a Spin Doctor's video. They came through Brussels when I lived there and filmed footage from the concert I went to and there I am - third row. I can tell it's me from the large curly hair! It was the early 90's !
4. I love things that are "vintage" like my house (build in 1950) and Audrey Hepburn. I would much rather live in a old house than a new one.
5. I know how to sail and windsurf. I have not done it in ages but I would image it's like riding a bicycle - you never forget.
6. I want to learn to surf - hopefully before I'm 40.
7. I am terrified of spiders - who isn't?