Here are ten more books I love to use when I teach about making mental images:
1. I Stink by Kate McMullan
2. The Salamander Room by Anne Mazer
3. The Animal by Lorna and Lucia Balian (Thanks Mrs. Berg for introducing me to this fabulous book!)
4. Close Your Eyes by Kate Banks
5. Imagine a Night by Sarah L. Thompson
6. Almost any Jack Prelutsky poem
7. Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost
8. If by Sarah Perry
9. Bedhead by Margie Palatini
10. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
Click HERE for a printable copy and a list of lesson ideas.
Here are a few reading responses you can use to capture student thinking on making mental images.
What books do you like to use to teach about mental images?