Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Son of a Nutcracker!

6 weeks, 6 weeks, it's been 6 weeks since my last post.  I had such fabulous intentions of posting all of my wonderful Thanksgiving and Gingerbread activities and then report cards happened and assessment happened (which I had to do individually, every child reading AND math) and data charts happened and inputting the data from the assessments happened and then BAM it's December 14th and 6 weeks have gone by.

Luckily there are many wonderful bloggers out there who were keeping up with their blogs and offering fantastic resources so that I could be able to put together some fun lessons for my students.  I have especially enjoyed all the gingerbread ideas floating around out there in blogland. I have always taught using the different gingerbread stories but now I have math stations and write the room stations and word work to go with it.  THANKS!

I had intended to post this last night but I was finishing my data charts (that are due today) so now you have a Wednesday top ten.  Enjoy - maybe this will offer you some Christmas cheer to take you through the end of the week.

Here are my favorite Holiday Movies!

1. Elf

2. Christmas Vacation

3. It's a Wonderful Life

4. Love Actually

5. A Christmas Story

6. The Muppets' Christmas Carol

7. The Family Stone

8. A Charlie Brown Christmas

9. Miracle on 34th Street (The Original)

10. Home for the Holidays


I am hoping that along with some much needed time off, I will be able to post more during winter break.  Thanks to all my new followers, I appreciate you checking out my little blog.

Here is a little goodie I am sending  home in my students' report cards.  Something to keep them busy over winter break!
Breaking the Winter Doldrums

Also I found this gem on Pinterest (where else) and it is currently hanging up on my classroom door.
Enjoy!

Found at http://simplycumorah.blogspot.com/2011/11/smilings-my-favorite.html
What are some of your favorite holiday movies?

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Ahhh! I love Christmas movies!!! =) And thank you so much for the freebie! I love that idea to send home over break!

Jessica
http://underthealphabettree.blogspot.com

Post a Comment