Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I Have Schema for Schema!

Ok, it's a little bit cheesy I admit, however keep in mind I teach kindergarten and am surrounded by these comments all day long!

Yesterday I promised I would show pictures of our latest work on schema.  Here they are!

This is my anchor chart of Ronald doing his job of being a wise reader!

Here is Ronald's brain - he sure is a busy thinker!  We just added schema to it last week.

This is my brain and all the files in my head.  I used this to show students that when we organize all the experiences we have, we put them into little files in our brains.

Then my students write about the things they have schema for.



Then my lovely neighbor across the way introduced her students to Willamina the Writer.  I LOVE this.  I think Willamina will be paying my class a visit very soon!


Here is an outline for when I teach schema & connections.  It's based off of Debbie Miller's book Reading with Meaning,  or I as call it "the bible".


Microsoft Word - Schema_&_connections[1]

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Thank you for sharing the document--this is a great resource!

We have been talking about text-to-self connections. Kindergartners have the best stories! :-)
ReadWriteSing

Giveaway Scout said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Holly said...

Love your blog name - I'm a new follower and a teacher, mom, (sometimes runner - I'm off the wagon right now and need motivation to GET BACK ON!!!!!). Looking forward to looking around :)

Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

Post a Comment