Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mentor Texts to use in Writing Workshop for Adding Details

Kimberley over at Funky First Grade Fun is having a linky party to share Mentor Texts for Writing Workshop.  I love this idea and cannot wait to check out what the other teachers are posting, but here are a few of my personal favorites.  I tried to narrow it down to just a few ( I could go on and on) 

Currently in my kindergarten classroom we are teaching the students how to add details to their stories.  Most of their story is told through the picture so our focus has been on using wordless books to show the students how to tell a story through pictures.  Here are some of my favs:




By Barbara Lehman


By Jae Soo Liu


The Red Book by Barbara Lehman



by Istvan Banyai

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thanks for linking up! I'm heading to Amazon to find Free Fall and Rainstorm right now. :) I'm always looking for good wordless books. I would love to follow your blog, but the follower link is not working. I'll check back tomorrow.
Kimberly
Funky First Grade Fun

Jen R. (The Teachers' Cauldron) said...

I love using wordless books to help with writing - but I find that it's really a difficult concept for some kids.

Post a Comment