Sunday, October 2, 2011

I'm Back . . . .


 Hello blogging friends!  I'm so sorry that it has been OVER A MONTH since I was able to chat with you. I have been fully engaged in the world of teaching kindergarten and I'm sure most of you will be able to understand that when I get home at the end of the day I barely have enough energy to make dinner and play with my girls, much less get onto the computer. 

However it is a quiet, rainy afternoon here in the northwest and I am listening to the Seahawks get hammered by the Falcons and thought it was a perfect opportunity to catch you all up on what has been happening in my small corner of the world. (And to avoid watching my beloved Seahawks make any more defensive mistakes)


First of all welcome to my new followers.  Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and check out my blog.  I really will do better to update more often.  In fact I'm working on a very nice top ten list for Tuesday. I also have some classroom pictures to share with you all and some kindergarten math stations I'm working on.


For now I will share with you what I have been up to since my last post.

It seems that every weekend our family has been busy, busy busy.  Frankly I wouldn't have it any other way.  I love this time of year.  I love when the air gets a little cooler and the leaves start to change color and the apples appear at the farmer's market.

I started at the end of August getting my classroom set up and doing some small renovations around our house.  Mr. M's dad build us these beautiful cabinets.

Before

After

Made these with the help of my wonderful Mother-in-law

My girls loved them so much we made some for their room

Then I spent whatever time I had left when I wasn't remodeling my kitchen or laundry room to work in my classroom.  (I will post more pics later this week, promise!)

Classroom library

My All About Me board for Open House


September began by going through what I refer to as the seven pillars of hell . . or the Warrior Dash.  It was tough, but I made it through and am even signing up for next year.  There was a 30% hill grade to "run" up and fire to leap over and ropes to climb and mud to swim through and logs to "jump" over.  But I did it and enjoyed almost every minute of the journey.

Before the race (notice how nice and clean we are)

After . . .perfectly muddy!

My sister & I (she ran the race 3 months pregnant!!)


Then the next weekend I went camping with my Dad and sister.  It's the first time we've been camping together in over 20 years.  We were rained out, but had 24 hours of camping fun.


The weekend after that Mr. M, Maddie and I ventured up north to Seattle.  We left the little one at home with Grandma & Grandpa.

Maddie & Mr. M on the waterfront

Enjoying a coffee at the Market

Maddie at the sculpture garden.

See I told you I've been busy. 

2 comments:

charice ford said...

The biggest part of a kitchen remodelling project is the kitchen countertops. But there are ways to update your cabinets without spending a fortune.

Sarah said...

I just found your blog through the mentor text post. How did you make your crate seats? I would love them for my classroom!

Post a Comment