Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tuesday Top Ten - Kindergarten Blogs

Tomorrow is my official first day back to work.  I've been into my classroom twice to start setup and I will post pictures when it looks decent. Tomorrow is a full day meeting about how to teach kindergarten.  I think (hoping) there will be some relevant, usable information presented, but I feel very fortunate in that there are some FANTASTIC kindergarten blogs out there that share fabulous information and experiences about teaching kindergarten.  I follow many (about 50) and they are all wonderful, but these are the ones I frequent the most. I would like to thank all of the teachers that blog and put themselves out there.  I really appreciate your willingness to share your ideas with me and all the other teachers. You are an inspiration!

1. Welcome to Room 36 ~ A Kindergarten Blog
I REALLY enjoy reading this blog from Mrs. Williamson.  Here is an idea she shared about writing for the second day of school.  (I've already put this is my lesson plans)
2. The Very Busy Kindergarten
Sue's blog is very well written and she has some wonderful resources on there.  She just posted some pictures of her classroom and I'm so envious!  I wished mine looked that good. She's doing an owl theme this year (like me) and she shared the directions for this polka dot owl tree.
3. A Place Called Kindergarten
Mrs. Bell has the most wonderful resources for teachers - especially kindergarten teachers.  She also offers all her resources for free (because we are all teachers who don't make a lot of money and already give so much of our time & money to our classes)  I'm already in the process of making these super cute bookmarks for my parents on open house in September.

4. Kindergarten Kindergarten
What can I say - this is an established blog that has oodles of ideas, tips and resources.  I LOVE this activity for teaching cafeteria manners.

5. Gluesticks, Games and Giggles ~ Tales from a Kindergarten Classroom
Jessie is very new to the blogging world, but I so appreciate the resources she offers on her site.  She's posted loads of pictures of her classroom.  I'm putting together my calendar and math area and will be using her calendar cards she created.  Thanks so much!

6. Keen on Kindergarten
Meredith is also very new to the blogging scene. I used her classroom library as an inspiration for mine.  Don't you just want to curl up and read a good book?

7. Kinder FuN!
Michelle is from Texas and what I adore about her blog is that she offers many of her resources in English & Spanish.  So great of you have a bilingual class or an Hispanic cluster of students in your room.

8. Not Just Child's Play: Teaching Gifted Kinders
Miss Trayers offers ideas and resources for what to do with those children in your classroom that are gifted and talented.  You know we all have them and it's important to serve the needs of those children as well as our kiddos that some in with no school experience at all.  One of her recent posts was about the importance of playing house.

9. Mrs. Wills Kindergarten
DeeDee's blog was one of the first blogs that I found.  She offers excellent resources and ideas and pictures.  Fantastic!! Here is an example of her anchor charts for her daily routines.

10. I couldn't choose a 10th!  There are so many other fabulous kindergarten blogs I follow I didn't want to leave anyone out  - so number 10 is the entire blogging world of teacher, moms, runners and everyone else who takes the time to share yourselves with others.  Thanks again!

7 comments:

Karen Stamp said...

You included a lot that I haven't seen yet... thanks so much--can't wait to check them out!
Karen :o)
Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten

Deedee Wills said...

Thank you for including my anchor charts :-)

Hollie Fumero said...

Thank you for sharing! I am new to the blogging world and looking for contacts to share ideas with. I hope you will follow my blog and keep up to date with on goings of my classroom!


Kindness Counts in Kindergarten

Jack Mendez said...

Hi, Thank you for sharing this top 10 kindergarten Blogs. This is helpful for me.

Peter Siddle said...

Rudolf Steiner was a visionary. His philosophy on child education is best and epochal. Australia is coming up with Steiner Schools. It is good and we must make people aware of Steiner education.
early childhood education australia

williamsgain said...

This is use to the site are people Education.Writing a thesis paper would be completely a different experience for the students since many of the students will be dealing with the thesis paper first time in their academic life. Thesis paper writing can develop in to a hardest task for the learners since they are writing thesis paper for the first time thesis writing service in their academic life. It is considered that thesis paper writing can create a lot of problems to even most experienced writers in the field.

sadhana said...

Astrologer in Hyderabad

Astrologer in Bangalore

Astrologer in Chennai

Astrologer in Mumbai

Astrologer in Delhi

Astrologer in Kolkata

Post a Comment