1. Baskin-Robbins ice cream. On your birthday you get a free ice cream cone or scoop. It's fantastic!! My fav flavor is Jamoca Almond Fudge! If you live by a Baskin Robbins and you haven't sign up yet - just go here!
3. Fonts (free ones of course) There is currently a fav font linky party happening in blog world and I should have joined up (maybe I still will). There are several websites I use for free fonts. They are:
4. Books (from the library) - I am so thankful that there are many libraries in our community and that they have such a HUGE selection of books, reading clubs, reading programs, etc. Our family is a family of readers and if we have to buy all the books we read, we would a) need a bigger house and b) have NO money!
This is our new library they are opening downtown in 2 weeks!
5. Water - this may seem a little strange and I guess technically it's not free because I go get my water bill at the end of the month, BUT it's amazing how much fun you can have with a hose and some cups. It offers HOURS of summer fun and enjoyment. (and again a nap when playtime is over) However there is a lot of free water like lakes, rivers and oceans and during the summer my family and I spent a lot of time camping, running, walking and hiking along most of these.
Our FAVORITE beach destination - Pacific City, Oregon
My sister & I half way up the massive sand dune you see in the first picture
6. Summer concerts in the park - our local park sponsors these concerts all summer long. They have classical music on Wednesday at noon and rock n roll concerts on Thursday evenings. And the best part is they are FREE!
7. Farmer's Markets - I think I am becoming a Farmer's Market addict. I absolutely LOVE them. If I read about a new market or one I haven't been to I will go immediately. Of course it costs money to buy things form the market (which I always do) but what's free is the atmosphere, the information and the samples. Last weekend we tested out the Hollywood Farmer's market (IT WAS AWESOME) and came across the Green Living Project booth. We signed up to get their free educational curriculum that they are creating. We also sampled some wonderful wine and delicious fruits!
8. Public education - I had to mention this one since I am a teacher, but I think it's important that we live in a place where every child has the opportunity to go to school for free!
9. Dinner (did you notice a food theme here?) There are so many places that offer a free dinner on your birthday! Around me there is Red Robin, Old Spaghetti Factory (free kids meal), Black Angus, Vancouver Pizza Co. I could go on and on. I think I go eat out at least once a week for free during August (my birthday month) It's a good thing I run otherwise I would need to find another way to burn off all the food I eat!
10. Blogging - Thanks to all the blogs and their owners who offer your advice, ideas and friendship for free!