Sunday, July 3, 2011

Summertime - The Mom in me is here!

Summertime has FINALLY come to the Northwest.  For those of you that are not familiar with our climate, the joke around here is that summer starts on July 5th because the weather up until then is awful!  This year that appears to NOT be the case.  We've had 2 beautiful days of sunny, 80 degree weather and another week of it on the way. YIPPEE SKIPPY!!  So I would like to ask all of my followers to be patient with me over the next few weeks. I'm deep into my summer reading list which means I will need time to think, process & create.  I will be posting, but probably the content will be more related to my family and our summer adventures.  I will keep up my Tuesday Top Ten ( I really look forward to that post) and my teaching posts will return in late July/early August. (I already have some ideas planned for anchor charts for reading & writing workshop) But that doesn't mean you can't stop by and check in on the fam.  Yesterday we hit the Hollywood Farmer's market and bought our weight in Hood strawberries, wine, tomatoes & bread! It's one of my favorite things about summer.



You have to admit my girls are pretty cute!
It also means that I will still be checking in and reading all of your blogs.  I'm really enjoying all the posts out there about school supplies!  Enjoy your summer and I will "see" you all soon.

Happy 4th of July everyone!!  Be safe!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Maddie looks so grown up in that picture! I can't believe she is going to be in 3rd grade next year! And little miss Lola is pretty stinkin' cute!

Annie Moffatt said...

Yes, your girls are VERY cute:)
Annie

Post a Comment