Here are are top ten favorite items from Ikea that I use in my classroom.
1. Samla small box - these are my FAVORITE! I use them to house all my math manipulatives, art supplies, books, etc. They're see through and fit perfectly into the cabinet space in my classroom. AND they are only $1.50!
2. The Samla rectangular box is also wonderful. I use this box at my publishing table to house colored pencils, and markers when my students are ready to publish their writing. I also use it for magnetic letters and other phonics materials at my guided reading table.
3. The Lingo magazine file. PERFECT for storing books for reader's workshop, folders for writing & math workshop & everything in between!
4. Any of the playmats & rugs from the children's department are fun and really durable. My daughter's had one in her room for years and it still looks great! Plus at $15 you can get 2!
5. The Mammut children's chair or stool is wonderful for any reading corner or nook in your classroom.
6. I use these Sagosten chair pillows at my guided reading table and in my reading nook!
9. The Kusiner wall pockets are great for housing books you want to highlight or challenge work for those students that need it or stuff!
10. What classroom wouldn't be complete with soft lighting. Ikea has MANY different types of floor and table lamps in all different colors and shapes!
Doesn't this make you want to go shopping? Only a few days left for me and I can go get ready for my kindergarten classroom next year!
Need a new book for your classroom or maybe something fun for the summer? I'm having a little giveaway for my followers. Just click HERE!