Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bad Teacher and a Top Ten "Bad" List

I just returned from the movies where a group of my fellow teachers and elementary school staff members (and some spouses) saw the movie Bad Teacher


I have not laughed that hard in a long time.  It was so wrong in so many ways, but in a strange way I found myself thinking "I know a teacher like that."  If you've seen the movie I bet you can think of someone you know who is like an Amy Squirrel or a Lynn Davies.  I think what I enjoyed the most was getting to see my teaching peeps again after we were apart for 1 1/2 weeks. Even though I claim to be in "summer mode" I do enjoy all the friends I work with and I appreciate that they all came out to watch a totally raunchy, hilarious movie.

So . . . now to my top ten list this week.  I was really struggling to come up with my top ten list for the week.  Mr. M was not being very helpful (he told me to write a top ten list of how awesome he was or the top ten things he can cook on the grill)  Then I was inspired by the movie and Justin Timberlake in particular (his music is a guilty pleasure of mine) and Mr. M suggested I do a list of my top ten guilty pleasure movies.  I've already done a movie list about teaching .  However one of the ways that I relax at night when I've had a long day is to watch a movie, especially what I refer to as guilty pleasure movies.  Here are my top ten favorite "bad" movies of all time.

1. Reign of Fire - I have this movie memorized I've watched it so many times.  It has everything I look for in a movie: dragons, Christian Bale & Gerard Butler!


2. Any movie on SyFy channel. Ice Spiders anyone?

3. Starship Troppers  (Wow, I cannot believe I'm admitting to watching that)


4. Anything with aliens (Close Encounters of the Third Kind for example or War of the Worlds)

5. Any of the Harry Potter movies (I've read ALL the books and you know how I feel about books being made into movies, but for some reason I love the Harry Potter movies)

6. 80's teen movies like Pretty in Pink, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Weird Science, love them all!

7. West Side Story - When you're a jet, you're a jet all the way!

8. Grease 2 (Yes they made a second one with Michelle Pfeiffer, it's awesome!)
9. Satisfaction (enough said)
10. The Great Muppet Caper - it may be the worst of the Muppet movies but it has Charles Grodin!
I'm not saying that any of these are "bad" movies, they are just my go-to guilty pleasure movies. What guilty pleasure movies to you watch?

6 comments:

Tim said...

I still think "top ten reasons my husband is super awesome" was the better choice; but at least I made you admit to loving Starship Troopers.

Amanda@runninghood said...

This movie looks funny. Glad you got to meet up with your teacher friends. I don't know if I have many of these movies...don't usually watch movies over again but Dirty Dancing would have to be mine. We also love the movie I Love You Man! :)

Just4Teachers said...

I LOVE YOUR LIST!! I laughed so hard, because I know we all have movies that we secretly love....but you've put it all out there and inspired me to do the same!!! My guilty pleasures are "GUY MOVIES".... I am going to post my TOP 10 "GUY MOVIES" that I've watched way too many times to mention. Number one on my list... Terminator Salvation (the last one with Christian Bale...and can we say "Sam Worthington"). LOL! Thank you for the Self-Help Group 1st Step...Admitting the Addiction.
PS: Your hubby's list would have been a good one, too!

Debi
http://just4teachers.blogspot.com/

Room A-5 said...

Need to see Bad Teacher. Would you believe Maddie is old enough to go with me? Sigh...
How about Goonies? We always call that our rainy day movie, it reminds us of the northwest! Also, this ridiculous kids movie called Big Fat Liar, and also RV. They are completely stupid AND hilarious! (Not for the kids, for me. But they like them too!)

Laura Starnes said...

I am meeting with teacher friends to see Bad Teacher too and can't wait! Mine guilty pleasure right now is the Hangover...I LOVE this movie and I don't know why..it's SO not right!
I also can watch How to Train a Dragon over and over again...listening to Gerard Butler and Craig Ferguson..their accents are so yum!

Diana said...

I'm reading your list of movies and there is not a movie on there I wouldn't love to sit down and watch! Grease 2 is one of my all time faves! Can you say Re-pro-duc-tion! Reproduction! lol

Post a Comment