I just returned from the movies where a group of my fellow teachers and elementary school staff members (and some spouses) saw the movie Bad Teacher.
I have not laughed that hard in a long time. It was so wrong in so many ways, but in a strange way I found myself thinking "I know a teacher like that." If you've seen the movie I bet you can think of someone you know who is like an Amy Squirrel or a Lynn Davies. I think what I enjoyed the most was getting to see my teaching peeps again after we were apart for 1 1/2 weeks. Even though I claim to be in "summer mode" I do enjoy all the friends I work with and I appreciate that they all came out to watch a totally raunchy, hilarious movie.
So . . . now to my top ten list this week. I was really struggling to come up with my top ten list for the week. Mr. M was not being very helpful (he told me to write a top ten list of how awesome he was or the top ten things he can cook on the grill) Then I was inspired by the movie and Justin Timberlake in particular (his music is a guilty pleasure of mine) and Mr. M suggested I do a list of my top ten guilty pleasure movies. I've already done a movie list about teaching . However one of the ways that I relax at night when I've had a long day is to watch a movie, especially what I refer to as guilty pleasure movies. Here are my top ten favorite "bad" movies of all time.
1. Reign of Fire - I have this movie memorized I've watched it so many times. It has everything I look for in a movie: dragons, Christian Bale & Gerard Butler!
2. Any movie on SyFy channel. Ice Spiders anyone?
3. Starship Troppers (Wow, I cannot believe I'm admitting to watching that)
4. Anything with aliens (Close Encounters of the Third Kind for example or War of the Worlds)
8. Grease 2 (Yes they made a second one with Michelle Pfeiffer, it's awesome!)
10. The Great Muppet Caper - it may be the worst of the Muppet movies but it has Charles Grodin!
13 hours ago