My hubs and I got out for a night at the movies. This is a rarity given we have two girls and the fact that we are on a tight budget since Mr. M went back to school. Thank goodness for $5 movie night at Regal. SO my Top Ten list is my ten favorite movies about teaching/school/education. Some are inspirational. Some are funny and some are a guilty pleasure.
In no particular order. . . . here are 10 fabulous movies about teaching/teacher/education. . . .
1. School of Rock - Jack Black, kids rocking out, need I say more?
2. Lean on Me - Morgan Freeman was so fantastic in this movie
3.Freedom Writers - although I am not a huge fan of Hilary Swank, the message behind this movie was amazing.
4. Stand and Deliver
5. Animal House - filmed in Eugene, Oregon! Toga! Toga! Toga!
6. Waiting for Superman - this documentary was so thought provoking. I'm not sure I agreed with everything in the movie, but it absolutely gave me reason to pause and reflect on my own teaching philosophy
7. Dead Poets Society - my first movie crush - Ethan Hawke, XOXO
8. The Breakfast Club - "Don't mess with the bull, or you'll get the horns."
9. Ferris Bueller's Day Off - I always loved his best friend, Cameron Frye
10.Race to Nowhere - If you have not seen this documentary I highly recommend it. It's about the emphasis on standardized testing and how education is not "one size fits all."
I wonder if they made a movie about my team what it would be like. If they made it today, it would definitely be closer to Animal House!
13 hours ago