Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's a sunny day today!!!!

Living in the northwest for more than half of my life I'm used to rainy, gray days.  However this season seemed worse than normal.  BUT the sun finally came out today AND is supposed to stay out for 3 days.  It's amazing what a difference a little sunshine can make.

We started out the day with a walk and ride event.  All students who could walked and rode their bikes to school to help promote healthy living.  The turnout was amazing.  There's something to starting out your day was a brisk walk in the sun.  Did I mention it's sunny?!

For happy hour today (click on happy hour for my previous post about why I call it happy hour) we did two math/art projects.  The first was a glyph about what we want to be when we grow up.  The second was a project I found over at Primary Inspired for the Fact Family Flowers.  My students LOVED this.  It was a wonderful project because it was so easy to differentiate for those students that needed a challenge (they did multiplication/division fact families) and those that needed more support (I gave them their numbers)  Of course we had to decorate our room to reflect the bright, sunny day we had.




2 comments:

Just4Teachers said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some encouraging words about looping with my kids. I am so excited but nervous. I am hoping for great things!!! :)
Thank you, again!!!
Debi
http://just4teachers.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I'm looping with 11 of my 2nd graders from last year. I have a 2-3 combo with 21 students and am loving the fact that last year's cherubs knew the system from day 1.

Good luck to you and I am excited to try to use some of your chart ideas. They are so cute & useful!

Post a Comment