Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's Tuesday, another Top Ten List!

This week's top ten list is my tribute to The Office and to Michael Scott.  Being a teacher is very different from working in the corporate world.  Luckily I do not have very many of these office experiences. Although our staff room lunchtime conversations are fantastic!  However my husband (who recently left the corporate world to go to school and get his Master's in Education) used to be a corporate drone.  From what he's told me, The Office is pretty accurate and bosses like Michael Scott are out there.  I dedicate this entry to my husband for leaving the corporate world and entering the wonderful world of education. 

Here is my top ten Michael Scott quotes.  I probably could call this a top 20 list, but I'm sick and want to get to bed.  Enjoy! I will miss you Michael Scott!

1.      I guess the atmosphere that I've tried to create here is that I'm a friend first and a boss second, and probably an entertainer third.
2.      This is an environment of welcoming, and you should just get the hell outta here
3.      I'm friends with everybody in this office. We're all best friends. I love everybody here. But sometimes your best friends start coming into work late and start having dentist appointments that aren't dentist appointments, and that is when it's nice to let them know that you could beat them up.
4.      Yes. It is true. I, Michael Scott, am signing up with an online dating service. Thousands of people have done it, and I am going to do it. I need a username, and... I have a great one. "Little Kid Lover". That way people will know exactly where my priorities are at.
5.      Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me
6.      I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon, sue me. And since I don't have a butler, I have to do it myself. So, most nights before I go to bed, I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman grill. Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, I plug in the grill. I go back to sleep again. Then I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious, it's good for me, it's the perfect way to start the day.
7.      You may look around, and see two groups here. White collar, blue collar. But I don't see it that way. You know why not? Because I am collar-blind.
8.      I don't want somebody sucking up to me because they think I'm going to help their career. I want them sucking up to me because they genuinely love me.
9.       Dwight, you ignorant slut!
10. That’s what she said.


1 comments:

RoSchell said...

I am now a follower on your blog!---RoSchell
russ-buildingblocks.blogspot.com

Post a Comment