Monday, April 18, 2011

I HEART Anchor Charts!

I have a strange addiction to anchor charts.  I love them! I use them for everything!  There is something about pulling out my smelly, colorful markers and creating a place that captures what my students are thinking and a tool they can use to be independent learners.  So here is a collection of my current anchor charts.  The only problem is not enough space to hang them in my room!


 This is Ronald the Super Reader.  Every time we learn a new thinking strategy we add it to his super brain!
 Today we launched determining importance and figured out what was important in my purse.  They LOVE this activity!





What anchor charts are you using in your classroom?

4 comments:

Katie King said...

ahhh! I love your charts- especially your outlawed words! I will have to take some pictures soon to share!

Queen of the First Grade Jungle

Julie said...

I love your charts! They are so inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

~*~Ash~*~ said...

Your anchor charts are so much cuter than mine! I try to make charts, too, but mine aren't very pretty. I'm working on that part. Your blog is really cute! I love all the files you shared, and your insect unit is great! I may have to work one of those in next year. We did a big unit on spiders, and last year I raised butterflies. I'll have to plan it out this summer where we have a bug unit and investigate all of that together.

Anyway, keep blogging and posting comments to find more followers! My biggest number of hits and followers usually come after link parties, so try to find those as often as possible. Thanks for signing up for mine!

Teaching Happily Ever After

Kim said...

I love ALL of these anchor charts. Thanks for sharing your Lily one on my blog! I will definitely be using some of thes this year! Thanks so much for sharing these great ideas.

Kim SaylorsLog

Post a Comment