Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday's Top Ten . . . The Top 10 Things That Came from Seattle

Here is my favorite things/people that came from Seattle.  They are in no particular order.

1. Ann & Nancy Wilson - when I was little I wanted to play the guitar just like Nancy.

2. Jimi Hendrix

3. Sir Mix-a-Lot - remember "Baby Got Back"?

4. Carrie Brownstein - if you have not had the opportunity to watch the show Portlandia, I highly recommend it.  "The dream of the 90's is alive in Portland"


5. Singles (the movie) - "Well, I don't like to reduce us to just being part of the "Seattle Sound." I'd like to think of us as expanding more. Like, we're huge in Europe right now. I mean, we've got records... uh, a big record just broke in Belgium."



6. The Seattle Seahawks

7. Steve Raible - When Steve Raible played for the Seattle Seahawks I had the biggest crush on him.  I had his poster in my room.  I also like Steven Largent, he's a close second!



8. The food - all of it.  It's no wonder Mr. M and I gained so much weight when we lived there.  Even though we walked & biked everywhere!  From Red Mill Burgers to Ray's Boathouse it's all yummy!

9. Bill Gates

10. My family - lucky for me that over 50 years ago Ludwig & Martha Oberhofer and Marcia & Marv Ryll decided to move their families to the northwest.

My sisters, my cousin and me with our Grandma O

1 comments:

Tim said...

we are loved in Belgium!

Post a Comment