Thursday, March 24, 2011

Butterflies



Yesterday we successfully and calmly made our butterflies.  Something that occurred to me that I had not thought of before, was that I have never taught my students how to paint.  I've always assumed that they know how, but as I watched them during previous painting projects I realized that they really don't know about using watercolors.  What happens is their paper gets completely soaked by the water and there is very little color. So we spent part of our day practicing using watercolors.  It's amazing how many things I always assume my students know how to do.

1 comments:

Kenneth Dekker said...

I am curious about how you went about setting the lesson up for that...It is something that I am going to do more of, especially in our kindy classes. I also have a wonderful non-fiction artist book that feature several well known childrens book artist

Post a Comment